Want to make a difference?
This is a good place to start.
At Sumdog we want to make a difference. Sure, we’ve got a fantastic work culture, great employee support and a friendly atmosphere that encourages positive ideas and positive work. That’s not bad, we won’t deny it. But we’ve also got a powerful reason to keep working with our commitment to ensure no child gets left behind.
Culture isn’t just a garnish sprinkled on top at Sumdog, it’s baked in from the start. Like a cake metaphor? Then you’re going to love our casual office, social atmosphere and beer fridge. Yeah, you read that right. Beer. Fridge. Don’t worry, there’s prosecco and soft drinks too.
If that sounds like a great place for you, all we ask is that you turn up with a passion for our goal to narrow the attainment gap by helping every child reach their potential.
Built on Values
Building value in our business isn't about the bottom line, it's about what drives us to do what we do. Sumdog is guided by core values that have been designed in partnership with our team.
- Driven by our mission to narrow the attainment gap by helping every child reach their full potential.
- In tune with teachers and children to understand the needs of teachers and children. Our solutions are born from these needs.
- Always learning to ensure that our people are developed alongside our products. We experiment our way to success and value continuous personal development.
- Decisive. We make decisions at pace because the greatest risk is standing still. While making decisions, we encourage constructive feedback. We don't fear failure because we work in a supportive environment.
- Collaborative. Together, we have the power to solve seemingly unsolvable problems. We do it all the time.
- Inclusive. We aim to serve children from all backgrounds. To do that. we seek to work within a diverse team who embrace differences.
Let's talk about benefits
We’re a company founded on evidenced-based education. What does the evidence tell us about our work? That by valuing our employees, we empower them to deliver more value from their work. That’s why we offer a range of benefits that support Sumdog employees to deliver.
- ‘Learning time’ – one day a month to focus entirely on personal and professional development
- Frequent staff social events
- Bike-to-work scheme
- Staff drinks every Friday
- Free fruit, tea and coffee
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (12 weeks full-pay maternity)
“Sumdog is important. We have to do this. I look at the numbers of kids playing the games at any one time and think ‘we are really helping all those people. They will grow up remembering us as a highlight of their schooling, even if they are in a disadvantaged background. As a result we owe it to them to give them the smoothest and most valuable experience we can. I honestly doubt I will be in a position to help so many people at any other point in my life.”
Max, Games Developer
“I have worked at Sumdog for 18 months, and have never worked for a company more driven to achieve it's goals. It's great to work with a team who are driven to help children learn, and who really value input from everyone.”
Rebecca, Relationship Manager
There are currently no vacancies, but please check back soon – we update this page regularly!